Directions to Simon's Town Guest House
BY VEHICLE (From Cape Town International Airport):
G.P.S Co-ordinates: 34°16´22.30” South / 18°42´94.20” East
Follow the N2 Motorway towards Cape Town
- Follow the N2 Motorway towards Cape Town
- Turn left onto the M3 Motorway towards Muizenberg
- At the end of the M3 turn right onto Steenberg Road (M42)
- In 1.4kms turn left at Ou Kaapse Weg/M64
- Follow Ou Kaapse Weg over the Mountain for 11.5km and then continue straight through 2 sets of traffic lights onto Black Hill Road/Glencairn Expressway (M6) towards Simon’s Town
- Turn right at the end (traffic lights) onto M4/Main Rd/Simon’s Town Road
- Drive for 750 metres (first passing Glencairn Beach on your left, then Glencairn Railway/Train Station on your left (you will see a yellow sign that says Glencairn) and turn next right into Warner Weg (this is just after Dixie’s Restaurant on your right.) You will also see a small brown sign with our Guest House name on it. Follow these signs.
- Warner Road continues up a brick road into Whytes Way. Zig Zag up this steep road (1st gear is best in manual vehicles) until the road forks to your right – take this right fork into Bennett Close.
- You will find Simon’s Town Guest House approximately 400metres down on your left hand side at number 20 Bennett Close, Cairnside, Simon’s Town. We are the 3rd last house on the left.
Note: We have 4 parking bays up the driveway and 3 at the bottom just past our sign. You are welcome to park wherever you find a park as it is safe everywhere.
NOTE: We are 4 kilometres before you reach the centre of Simon’s Town so if you reach the town itself you have gone too far.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE: We would usually suggest for guests to turn left at the end of the M3 towards Muizenberg BUT there is heavy road works in Kalk Bay which could delay you by 30-60 minutes in peak hour. It is also very busy on the Main Road around Kalk Bay on weekends as locals visit the beaches.
- Board the ‘Cape Town – Simons town’ train at any station listed along the route
- Depart the train at Glencairn Railway Station (one station before Simon’s Town)
- Please advise in advance if you are catching the train and we can arrange for a Taxi to meet you at the Train Station.
- Alternatively, the energetic may cross over the Main Road (Simons Town Road) and walk towards Simons Town (keeping the ocean on your left)
- Turn right into Warner Weg which is the first street on the right after Dixie’s Restaurant. Follow directions from Warner Weg above.
We will gladly organise a shuttle service to collect you from the airport and bring you to the Simon’s Town Guesthouse. Please give 48 hours notice for this service. Costs will be dependant upon numbers and times of arrival. Please enquire about this service when booking your stay with us.
However, on saying that – we do highly recommend the use of a rental vehicle due to the Southern Penninsula area being very mountainous and remote. There are also very limited public transport options. You would need to pay for a taxi or tour guide to take you to Cape Point. The centre of Simon’s Town is 4 kilometres away. We do have a small local restaurant within a 5-10 minute walk from our house.